Warren County Courthouse History
The current Warren County Courthouse is a great example of Richardsonian architecture with the monumental feel and rough hewn red portage stone facade. The building was erected in 1894 at a cost of approximately $130,000. The building originally had a taller tower including a Seth Thomas Clock that was later removed. The building also featured a statue of Lady Liberty on the front gable of the building but the statue blew down in an 1895 windstorm and was not replaced. The inside of the courthouse still contains much of the original marble and ornamental metal scrollwork that was made to adorn the building in 1894.